We care about the health and safety of our scene
Check out our guides for both event producers and attendees
Going out to a club or festival?
Hearing Health Stats
- Hearing loss and tinnitus impacts up to 50 million people in the United States and millions more worldwide annually.
- Tinnitus is a ringing in the ears which can be brought on from listening to loud music. This can be at festivals, gigs or personal listening through electronics such as phones and mp3 players.
- Hearing Loss can cost a nation's economy up to 10's of Billions in their currency as people who have been impacted from tinnitus or hearing loss may not be as productive at work.
- 1/3 of permanent hearing loss is preventable with proper hearing loss prevention strategies (including earplugs).
- Listening to high volume music or sound for more than an hour a day each week can pose a risk or permanent hearing loss after five years.
- A 2004 study that recommends limiting time up to one hour per day and setting the volume to no more than 60% of maximum sound output when using headphones that are placed over the ears and even less when using earbuds.